"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year Goals - 2011


It's not only a new year, but a new decade.  Maybe I should be more motivated because of that, I hope so.  Well, what am I to do.  One thing is we want to help Cassie and her children more.  It seems we're so busy all the time.  You'd think things would calm down in our old age, but I feel like our stress level, our time, etc. are just more than they should be.  Maybe I'm just getting old.  Here's my attempt at a better year:

1.  Include Cassie and her boys once a month for Family Home Evening.

2.  I'm keeping the same goal of doing and writing down a daily kind act, plus looking at what God has done for me everyday, recognizing it, and writing it down.  I started last year with this same goal, but it faded in spite of my good intentions. 

3.  Lose weight!  I don't want to write that on my blog, but I will.  This is like my temple goal.  It's always there, every year.  Well my weight is always there and I need to lose it. But I'm pleased with my temple attendance so I don't have it down as a goal this year.  In my hopeful thinking, maybe I can chalk up the weight issue this year.  Maybe I will finally accomplish a lighter me.  I've lost 12 lbs. since Tom came home in August, but that's definitely not enough.  Here I go!

"We become what we want to be
by consistently being
what we want to become each day."

1 comment:

  1. Great goals. May we all be a little better this year...and that was my absolute favorite quote from conference... good luck!

    ReplyDelete