"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

It’s Easter Sunday and I thought I’d take the opportunity to bear my testimony of Jesus Christ. I love the Savior. I’m glad to be a member of His Church and feel very grateful to have the gospel in it’s fullness. Referring to"the fullness of the gospel" is terminology that designates Mormons from other Christian religions. Mormons herald that "TRUTH HAS BEEN RESTORED!" Because of apostasy in the early Church only bits and pieces of Jesus Christ and His gospel have penetrated the centuries. Those precious fragments of truth give a glimpse of the Savior, but many valuable doctrines, knowledge, and understanding had been lost. Having truth restored to the earth presents a more complete picture. Jesus Christ is truly the Savior and Redeemer of the world. His light encompasses ALL truth not just part of it. Having faith in Christ and living His gospel brings PEACE, JOY, HOPE, and LOVE.

I know Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know He lives and loves me. “He lives, He lives who once was dead. He lives, my ever living head.” This knowing, makes a difference in my daily living. It makes a difference in how I cope with the trials of life. It makes a difference because He supplies me with my daily wants and needs. I’m happy because of Jesus Christ. I wish everyone knew Him. My heart aches for those who do not have this understanding. I am so grateful for His ATONEMENT, His SACRIFICE, His REDEMPTION, His EXAMPLE, His LIGHT, His LOVE. "I stand all amazed." How do I know these things? The Spirit of God has bore witness to me. I feel it in every fiber of my being. Again, I am grateful. Again, I stand all amazed.
“All of our worthy desires and good works, as necessary as they are, can never produce clean hands and a pure heart. It is the Atonement of Jesus Christ that provides both a cleansing and redeeming power that helps us to overcome sin and a sanctifying and strengthening power that helps us to become better than we ever could by relying only upon our own strength. The infinite Atonement is for both the sinner and for the saint in each of us.”

“We will not attain a state of perfection in this life, but we can and should press forward with faith in Christ along the strait and narrow path and make steady progress toward our eternal destiny. The Lord’s pattern for spiritual development is “line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little” (2 Nephi 28:30). Small, steady, incremental spiritual improvements are the steps the Lord would have us take. Preparing to walk guiltless before God is one of the primary purposes of mortality and the pursuit of a lifetime; it does not result from sporadic spurts of intense spiritual activity.”

“Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ. . . .

“And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot” (Moroni 10:32–33; emphasis added).

No comments:

Post a Comment