"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Busy Doings!

Thursday Hugh and I drove to St. George, Utah. On Friday we
went to the St. George Temple to attend our niece's sealing -
Amy Shirley Ellington, her husband Adam, and baby son, Wesson.
We then headed home. It was nice to be there, but it was a
whirlwind trip. We were gone a total of 34 hours.

Saturday was our stake women's conference. I was busy helping
with one of the workshops most of the day, so I didn't have the opportunity to attend any other classes; but I did get to hear
the closing remarks of Bonnie D. Parkin, the former General Relief Society President. It was a thrilling experience. I didn't have any problems falling asleep that night. I was so worn out from
my busy day, my busy week, my busy life.

~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~

"Do we frequently reject the Lord's love that He pours out upon us in much more abundance than we are willing to receive? Do we think we have to be perfect in order to deserve His love? When we allow ourselves to feel 'encircled about eternally in the arms of his love,' we feel safe... His love is there for us every day. Remember, it's constant—even when we don't recognize it. I love Nephi's description of this great gift: 'The love of God . . . sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things . . . and the most joyous to the soul.' I testify that this is true. "

Ensign, Nov 2006, 108–10

No comments:

Post a Comment