"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Saturday, June 14, 2008

"Let Us All Press On"

Last month the Lancaster Stake revamped all the ward boundaries. I was in the Juniper Ward. Now I'm in the Sierra Ward. I was the Primary Music Leader. Now I'm the Relief Society Secretary. I have been very busy with a number of things and the creation of our new ward has been part of it .

Our first Home, Family, and Personal Enrichment meeting
in the "new" Sierra Ward, Thursday, June 12, 2008
Martha Blair, pioneer of old
Terri Wick, Stake RS President - Guest Speaker
Sharon Beesley, modern-day pioneer

The faith of our fathers—I love that phrase.

For many members of the Church, these words bring to mind valiant pioneers who abandoned the comfort of their homes and traveled by wagon and on foot until they reached the valley of the Great Salt Lake. I love and honor the faith and courage of those early pioneers of the Church. My own ancestors were living an ocean away at the time. None were among those who lived in Nauvoo or Winter Quarters, and none made the journey across the plains. But as a member of the Church, I claim with gratitude and pride this pioneer legacy as my own.

With the same joy, I claim the legacies of today’s modern-day Church pioneers who live in every nation and whose own stories of perseverance, faith, and sacrifice add glorious new verses to the great chorus of the latter-day anthem of the kingdom of God.

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf,

2 comments:

  1. What A Great Idea! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's got to be a busy calling, especially with the new ward boundaries. Just incase you weren't busy enough... :)

    ReplyDelete