"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Monday, September 22, 2008

My First Day of School

It's not Sam's first day of school, but mine. Yes, the long awaited day has arrived, my first day of employment with Lancaster School District. I'm glad I had to wait these few months because I was better prepared. I've been mulling over in my mind every possible scenerio I might encounter and I'm sure I haven't thought of them all, but thinking it through has helped me formulated some plans and as I work they will become habits. Consequently, I'm feeling more confident and ready to go.

I subbed a 5th grade class today for a friend of mine who was ill. She has trained her students well. They made the day easy because they were so helpful and quick to do what was asked. It was a great day!

"Better than a thousand days of diligent study
is one day with a great teacher."
--Japanese Proverb

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a happy first day. You could always call Les for some more good ideas. I think she said subbing was fun most of the time, except high school was rough. Keep us updated on your adventures!

    ReplyDelete