"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"What Are We Busy About?"

Before we begin our week we try to go through our calendar and discuss as a family our schedules. For example, who has to go where and when, and then work out the logistics of it all.

We've always been a busy bunch and sometimes choices need to be made as we line up our doings with our priorities. One com-
ment, "Somebody's gotta watch the kids!?" is often interjected into the conversation by Hugh or I. It has become a standard statement of our frustration when we find ourselves on overload and it seems our lives are being pulled every which way.

We're always busy! That's nothing new, but my parents care has been added to the mix. I find myself saying, "Somebody's gotta watch Grandma and Poppy!?" I'm in a quandary as to what to do about their situations. We're riding out the summer for now with the help of family and friends.

"It's not enough to be busy. So are the ants.
The question is: What are we busy about?"

Poppy and Grandma during better days,
serving as missionaries in Nauvoo, Illinois.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Martha, it is such a difficult thing to know what to do with our parents when they get to a point that they cannot take care of themselves. You are such a good daughter to be there for them. I know having Beth come is a nice relief but not a long term answer. I am sure you will figure out what needs to be done. Thanks for being a good example to the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete