"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Love to See the Temple

Remember how every year I'm setting another goal to go to the temple more often? I've talked about going more, but nothing has really changed. I get a few more visits in each year beyond my usual dozen. I have been so very busy with this and that, so I really never thought I could attend more. Anyway, I've continued to maintain my usual pace, but something has changed.  I have a great need to go to the temple. I don't even refer to as a need. I refer to it as, "I have to go." I don't know if I can keep up the pace, but I am going more often.  I've picked a day each week and gone to the temple three weeks in a row. I was worried about driving. I was worried about the time. But it's working out and I'm feeling the blessings already.

The LA Temple has been closed for two weeks for maintenance so I was off to Redlands.  Cassie went with me today. Last week I rendezvoused with my cousin Doyle and his wife Julie.  The week before was a trip with Becky to LA.  It's all so beautiful!  It's been a wonderful experience, my weekly venture.  I'm feeling hopeful.  I love to see the temple, but I like going inside too.

The Redlands California Temple

"Temples are places of personal revelation. When I have been weighed down by a problem or a difficulty, I have gone to the House of the Lord with a prayer in my heart for answers. The answers have come in clear and unmistakable ways."

Ezra Taft Benson, 
“What I Hope You Will Teach Your Children about the Temple,”
Ensign, Aug 1985, 6

3 comments:

  1. You GO Moth !!!! It's the best choice I ever made since we moved here to Salt Lake. What a blessing it is. So Happy for you. Love you ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Redlands does have a beautiful temple.

    ReplyDelete