"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Summer School


It is very odd for me to substitute for summer school because it is usually only made available to certified teachers and I'm only a certified sub. Anyway, I had worked 7 days with a scheduled 8th later this week, but I got a phone call yesterday informing me I would not be working Thursday as planned. In fact, I shouldn't have been working at all.

I had special permission last summer to work one day. I just assumed it was all good to go when I was asked this summer. Oops! It has something to do with the teacher's contracts and the teacher's union.

It is unfortunate that I can't work that one day.  I left a few things in the classroom in preparation to teach tomorrow. I'll pick it all up today and I will also get to see everyone and say good-bye. I consider them all my friends.

Summer school is done Friday and then it's just a few more weeks and we start the new school year.

"I expect to pass through life but once.
If therefore, there be any kindness I can show,
or any good thing I can do to any fellow being,
let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it,
as I shall not pass this way again."

No comments:

Post a Comment