"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year! A New Beginning!

It's January 1, 2008. One of my new year resolutions is to start a blog. This is definitely a work in progress. I already do some journaling in various forms:

1. Personal Journal - daily writing of my thinking and doings, etc.

2. Food Journal - an eating and exercising record. My on going attempt to lose weight and be fit.

3. Sketch Book - daily pencil drawings. A form to practice drawing and art plus ideas for paintings.

All of these things could be included in one book, but for a number of reasons they have evolved to three and now I'm adding the BLOG.

What will be written and displayed here? I'm guessing the highlights. No need for you to plow through the minutiae of my daily busyness; even though that's well a reflection of me, hence, "The Book of Martha". My personal journal can be a catchall of many things. I will try to be a little more scrutinizing with my entries here, not to mention I am on public display--all may enter.

Another one of my new year resolutions concerns temple worship. I usually attend the temple 12 times a year, but I'd like to double that. It was my goal last year too. I didn't make it to say the least. I'm trying again. The idea is to go twice a month. Two visits are scheduled for January. We'll see how I do throughout the year. I will report.

"Make a habit of going to the house of the Lord. There is no better way to ensure proper living than temple attendance."

President Gordon B. Hinckley, Ensign, May 2005, 102

No comments:

Post a Comment