"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Thanks for the Ride!

Janna took this picture last week from our front porch.
We were viewing the sunrise after a storm. Talk about a VISTA!
Even then, this photo doesn't do justice to what we saw.

I said this blog would be filled with highlights, but I haven't had much highlight this week. In fact, dare I say, I have been "burdened". It just seemed like my days were filled with doing. No stopping for refreshment or a lull. Each day was filled with responsibilities that just needed to be done. I'm glad I was well to do it.

It's times like this that I find I need to "count [my] many blessings; name them one by one" (Hymns 241). Last weekend we had stake conference along with other stakes in Southern California. The Sunday session was broadcast from Salt Lake City. We heard a number of speakers. One of them was the prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. He reiterated many things from his long standing words found in the booklet, "Cornerstones of a Happy Home". He quotes Jenkin Lloyd Jones from the Deseret News:

"Life is like an old-time rail journey--delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts interspersed only occasionally by beautiful
vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is
to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

If I'm not too preoccupied with demands, just maybe I'll catch a glimpse of the beautiful blessings that have been bestowed upon me. It will then take my breath away and I'll actually have to sit down and enjoy the ride. Counting my many blessings clears my vision so I can see the beautiful vistas of life. I need to make a point to look when I'm so very booked.

I am truly blessed in many ways. I know my Heavenly Father loves me and watches over me. I am thankful for the ride. Life is good and I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment