"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I'm posting my first recipe and it isn't one of my tried, true, and traditional recipes, but a new one I made tonight. You're probably wondering why I would indulge in such a decadent goodie. I am suppose to be losing weight, but we're watching a movie and playing games and I thought a treat would just add to the fun. Happy New Year, it's a keeper!

Chewy Chocolate Bars

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon salt

Melt chocolate chips with milk; set aside. Cream butter and brown sugar until soft; beat in eggs. Blend flour, rolled oats, and salt into creamed mixture. Spread half of batter into greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Spread chocolate mixture on top of batter. Spread remaining batter over chocolate layer. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.

From Christmas at Home with Mary & Martha: Stirrin' Up Chocolate and Joy, published by Barbour Publishing, Inc. Used by permission.

"I never met a chocolate I didn't like."
Deanna Troi in Star Trek: The Next Generation
Janna, the next generation that's all about chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment