"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 Resolutions

Tonight I'm babysitting grandkids, even so, I have a little time this evening to wrap up the old year and ring in the new. 2008 is coming to an end and I have been reflecting and thinking of new year resolutions for 2009. I have lots of goals to set, but I won't make them all public here.

Let me quickly refer to my 2008 resolutions. First I declared to keep a blog which I have faithfully done. The blogging bug has bit me. I enjoy keeping in touch with family and friends via blogs. I'm learning more and more and will hopefully continue learning about all this computer doing.

The second goal concerned temple attendance. I was to double my usual 12 sessions a year to 24, alas, I was somewhere inbetween. Oh, to live in the days of my Provo, Utah experience; to just pop over to the temple easily every week because of the closeness in vacinity. Does it sound like I'm making excuses? I hope not. I so wish there was a temple in the Antelope Valley, but that is not my lot.

Now, 2009 - I will continue to make 24 my goal for increased temple attendance; and of course, I always want to lose weight, but #3 is my mystery goal. I'm not going to tell you, but I'll give you a hint. I'm hoping for a change in my behavior and maybe, just maybe, you'll see a change in me. I'll let you guess if you have the opportunity to associate with me during the year. See if you can see something different about me as we progress through 2009? Oh the anticipation of it all. I will report at 2009 year's end.

"While many of us take seriously our New Year’s resolutions, some of us may not have made any because of our prior problems in keeping them. [Welcome to my life!] We must not overlook the power that making good resolutions can have in helping make our lives happier and more successful—regardless of our past performance." - Elder Joe J. Christensen, “Resolutions,” Ensign, Dec. 1994, 62–67 [I'll keep trying!]

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on last years success. I look forward to reading of your success next year also. Smiles Danette

    ReplyDelete