"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Friday, December 19, 2008

Our Winter Wonderland

Oh! the snow, the beautiful snow,
Filling the sky and the earth below,
Over the housetops, over the street,
Over the heads of people you meet.
J.W. Watson
Sammy, Becky, and Janna in a rare snow.
The snow was a delightful thrill in spite of the cold and mess. They should have canceled school on Wednesday, but they didn't. Thankfully there was no school yesterday or today. We're all enjoying the extra time for our Christmas vacation. The kids got out and played in it, but Hughie and I are showing our age. We hunkered down in the house and tried to stay warm.

5 comments:

  1. Too old for the snow is just plain too old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. It was in the 70s today in North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been enjoying snow too. They din't cancel school just delayed it's start, but Since it was the first snow of the year I just let Katie stay home and play. She made a great snowman. I'll post pictures later. I like your snow slide show. Merry Christmas Danette

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks like you got as much snow as we did

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey this is Jessica just saying that it's not fair, I want snow!!!

    ReplyDelete