"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Monday, November 28, 2011

I'm Thankful

One of our activities over Thanksgiving week was to "count our many blessings". We asked everyone who came by to write down something that they were thankful for on a poster I had prepared.  And they weren't suppose to repeat what was already on the list because the point was to count our many blessings.

A few people got creative in their attempt to repeat by just wording it differently. It was fun, thoughtful, amusing, and got us thinking. All we have is from God. Hope you had a good one, we sure did. Happy Thanksgiving always!


"I AM THANKFUL FOR . . ."
(The Final List)
Temple Sealing
Stake Center
House
Eyesight
Friends
Family
The Hymn, "There is a Green Hill Far Away"
Vince Beazel
Pets (3 dogs, 4 cats, 1 turtle)
Adam Reynders Family
Job (Employment)
"Skype"
Dependable Transportation
Health
Music
Scriptures
Prophets
The Plan of Salvation
Body
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Medicine
My Son Serving a Mission
Soccer
Fashion
Rest
The Atonement
Lisa (My Wife)
The Loving Kindness of the Lord
Batman Cave
Temples ALL over the world
Video Games
Everything!
My Mother
Heavenly Father and Jesus
Joseph Smith
Tithing
Bed, Blankets, and Pillows
Cheesecake with sugar in it
Grandkids
Airplanes
My Husband, Doyle McMullin, and his family
Hot Running Water
Jesus' Love
Sister Blair and her Testimony
Martha (My Friend)
The Heater and Air Conditioning

"We need to be more grateful. It's one of the marks of strong character, to have a feeling of thanksgiving and gratitude for blessings that are ours. We need more of that spirit in our homes, in our daily associations, in church, everywhere. It's so easy to cultivate the spirit of appreciation."

Ezra Taft Benson,

1 comment:

  1. Gratitude puts everything in a positive light. Great list!

    ReplyDelete