"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

MAY

I'm reporting late about my weight situation - just too busy with family and the wedding.  Rick and his two kids are the only ones still here and they are out today on a hike so I have an opportunity to write

Water - I drank more.

Sleep - I've decided I'm not good for much more than six hours, seven at best.  I'll sleep more if I'm incredibly exhausted, but eight hours at night doesn't seem to happen.  My best bet is to just take a nap during the day.  I'll have to think about how to systematically orchestrate one into my schedule.  I know I don't have enough consistency on a daily basis to make it part of a routine.  I'm not sure what I'll do about it, but I know I need one.  Summer will be here soon, then  maybe I can try to incorporate a daily nap.

May 31st prepping for the wedding reception.

Early in May I was sick for a good week. I lost 8 lbs., but quickly gained it back even without an appetite.  I didn't work (subbing) as much as I thought I would; I was definitely preoccupied with the wedding.  Later in the month I had a nice spa experience (something I've never done before) with Haley and all the girls in the family.  It was really nice and relaxing.

I plan on getting a physical in June - I'm due. I'll talk about my weight concerns when I'm at my appointment.  I'll write about it next month. I'm going to do more exercise in June; plus, I just have to accept the fact that I need to slow down.  I can't do as much, reduce and simplify will equal less stress.
January 1st - 250.8 lbs.
May 1st - 242 lbs.
June 4th - 247.6 lbs.
Gained an additional - 5.6 lbs.  YIKES!!!
Total loss since January 1st - 3.2 lbs.

I know this looks discouraging, but I'm going to keep it out there in the hopes I will get where I need to be.

“Things turn out best
for the people
who make the best
out of the way things
turn out."
Art Linkletter

1 comment:

  1. A three pound loss is still a loss, so don't get discouraged. Minimizing stress and prioritizing health are good ideas. You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete