"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Look to the Light

Janna, my daughter - Sister Blair, has been sharing a particular message over the Christmas season with the people she meets and teaches.  I thought I'd go ahead and share it here.  She included this little synopsis of her presentation in her latest letter:

Matthew 2:9-11

When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.

When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

We then compare the star to Jesus Christ and talk about how He can lead us.

John 8:12

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world:  he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Then we talk about He can lead us out of darkness.

Then we watch, "Look to the Light".



I love having a missionary in the field.  I love hearing about Janna's experiences.  Even though she's not with us physically, we still feel her very close.  Jesus Christ changes lives.  I'm glad she gets to have experiences where she can see that in other people. It's beautiful!

We'll get to Skype with Janna on Christmas day and she gets to use FACEBOOK starting on January 1st.  I don't know how that works for a missionary, but we'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment