"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Sunday, December 8, 2013

HOPE




"Yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our deliverance in him."

I read this scripture the other day and it stood out to me.  Even though this is about the Nephites having been assured after praying for strength to be delivered out of the hands of their enemies, I likened it to myself. It applies to me in so many ways concerning my future, my struggles, and my trials. God has visited me with his Spirit assuring me that I will be all right; he spoke peace to my soul and has given me great faith and therefore hope for deliverance. This scripture so embodies me and my feelings.  It strengthens my faith even more to see that what I am experiencing has also happened in the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment