"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Friday, August 1, 2008

Sisters, Sisters, There Were Never Such Devoted Sisters - Irving Berlin

My sister has come and gone. She was here a good portion of July to vacation and visit, but mostly to help with my parents. Her insight and understanding is keen. She assessed the situation and made suggestions. She rolled up her sleeves and helped. She lives in North Carolina so she can't be here on a daily basis with physical help, but the emotional support she provides is invaluable. I'll miss her.


Beth Reynders Lockhart and Martha Reynders Blair





SISTERS FOREVER





"Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood."

~Louisa May Alcott

2 comments:

  1. Your posts about your parents being in decline touched a chord with me, as I go hither and thither upon the face of the internet, so I have to stop and comment. My parents are on the edge of decline themselves. Signifcant health problems, but still in there fighting and living and doing as they like. They divorced 25 plus years ago, so they have lived independently of one another, and they have both made it plain to me to butt out of their affairs. Like you, I am watching. Like you, perhaps, I often feel the passage of time when I look at them, and then at the pictures from their early lives, and see how time has ravaged them and me. Nothing profound in that, I suppose, but being in the swirl of mortality, one does sense the movement of the current most when looking at those ahead of us. I wish you (and your sister) the very best in figuring out your family issues. May God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice mug shots of you and beth dude ! anywaz can you add these to blogs to my links i can't do it i don't know why it never works for me http://www.candycanepalace.blogspot.com/

    http://www.pixie-powered.blogspot.com/

    thanks !

    ReplyDelete