"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Blessed are the Peacemakers

I was substituting Friday when another teacher came into my classroom. I knew who she was because I remembered substituting for her the month before. She didn't see me at first, so I made a point to say hello. She immediately recognized me and told me that the children she works with liked me as their substitute. I was pleased, but I also thought it was interesting when she said, "The children said you were . . . PEACEFUL." I could tell by the way she said it, that she thought peaceful was an interesting description for a substitute. I was a bit surprised too, it was in that classroom a little boy said I was abusing him. I'm grateful that the children felt peace in spite of that disturbing interaction.

"While those around us may not choose to taste the sweetness and peace of the fulness of the restored gospel for themselves, surely they will be blessed by seeing it in our lives and feeling the peace of the gospel in our presence. The message of peace will grow and expand through our example." - M. Russell Ballard, “The Peaceable Things of the Kingdom,” Ensign, May 2002, 87

1 comment:

  1. What a great compliment, and an acurate description of you and your countance.

    ReplyDelete