"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Back to the Scriptures

We had Stake Conference last month.  Our stake has emphasized what they call the BIG 5:

PRAYER - Individual, Couple, Family
SCRIPTURE STUDY - Individual, Family
FAMILY HOME EVENING
TEMPLE WORSHIP
TITHES AND OFFERINGS

I want to comment on scripture study as a family.  This has gone to the wayside lately and we started back up again and are being successful.  We have a hard time corralling everyone with their different schedules.  I just don't get crazy anymore if someone can't be a part of it one day.  I already got over that with prayer. But for some reason if someone is missing during scripture study that bothered me, to the point, that we wouldn't have it.  I was always hoping for that special moment which obviously doesn't  exist at this house.  Anyway, with having set this in motion it seems that we've been having everyone together more often than I thought possible.  I'm so pleased.  Here's hoping to keep it up.


"There is a knowledge and there are spiritual experiences to be gained from reading, pondering, and praying about the scriptures, which can be gained in no other way.  No matter how devoted and active members of the Church are in administrative matters, they will never gain the great blessings which come from scriptural study unless they pay the price of that study and thus make the written word a part of their lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment