"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Temple Work

Last October Hugh and I started working in the Los Angeles Temple. When we were interviewed by President Martz last September he told us that our experience would be different than when we come as patrons receiving the blessings of the temple.  Instead, once a month, we serve those who come by helping to bestow the blessings of the temple.  It has been a wonderful opportunity and experience.  We're just getting started and we hope to continue and do more in the coming years.

I can bear testimony of the blessings of temple attendance.  No matter if I'm helping or coming as a patron, it's service.  There is a purifying power that takes place there and I'm so grateful for it.  I'm so happy to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and have the understanding I do of the Plan of Salvation.  The temple is a holy place and when I leave those walls I have been strengthened.  I have greater peace.

"To you who are worthy
and able to attend the temple,
I would admonish you to go often.
The temple is a place
where we can find peace.
There we receive
a renewed dedication to the gospel
and a strengthened resolve
to keep the commandments."

No comments:

Post a Comment