"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy Pioneer Day!

Today we celebrate the Saints entering the great Salt Lake Valley 165 years ago.  Let me introduce you to some modern-day pioneers.  Hugh and I had the privilege of being Ma and Pa to eight youth on the trek. They were different ages, from different wards, and certainly had different personalities.  We didn't know each other, but we came together in the doing of the trek.  I cannot compliment them enough on their good behavior and good attitudes. Trek was better because they made it better.


Alec

Elizabeth

Clay


Kalie

PJ

Rachel

Dallin

Hannah

May I list their virtues they so valiantly portrayed. They were obedient, kind, helpful, modest, true, considerate, loving, thoughtful, courageous, powerful, amazing, friendly, understanding, and brave.  The list could go on, but you get the point. They were incredible in so many ways!

"O youth of the noble birthright,
Carry on, carry on, carry on!"

Hymn #255
Text: Ruth May Fox
Music:  Alfred M. Durham

1 comment: