"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Monday, July 30, 2012

More Trek


All the Ma's and Pa's


Every morning we had a Ma and Pa meeting
to review the day and to receive counsel.


Our trail boss, Brother Sauer.
He and President Silva guided us on horseback.


A place to hang your hat.


Devoted Sisters
Six of our eight kids had other family members on the trek.
This is Elizabeth's "real" sister who was in a different family.
They'd get together when they had a chance.


Dallin's father served as Pa Mackay.
They had a chance to visit during our break
before our last leg of the trek.


Trek Sisters


Mealtime.
We fixed all our own meals,
but two - our first and last on the trail.
Our cook station provided the food and the recipe.
Everyone pitched in and helped.
Oatmeal
Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwiches
Chicken Stew
Fried Potatoes, Sausage, and Eggs
Beef Stew
Hardtack Biscuits
We didn't starve.
Lots of snacks and fruit too.
I gained three pounds on the trek.  I hope it's muscle.


Not much time to relax - we were so busy.
The hammock was a hit during leisure minutes.


Music was part of the trek everyday.
Mostly the kids sang as they walked.
I heard a bit in the evening too as the day would winding down.
Our Sunday meetings had music too
with all of us singing
or as pictured above,
a special musical number.

"Lord I Would Follow Thee"
Hymn No. 220 - 1st verse
Text:  Susan Evan McCloud
Music:  K. Newell Dayley
Savior, may I learn to love thee,
Walk the path that thou hast shown.
Pause to help and lift another,
Finding strength beyond my own.
Savior may I learn to love thee-
Lord, I would follow thee.
Ready to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment