"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

My mother says she doesn't want a senior citizen for a daughter, but it's finally happened. The 4th of July has rolled around again celebrating our nation's birth and my birth. I've hit the golden age of 55 today. Guess what my present was? I was home alone. Everyone went to the beach and I stayed home. How sad you say? Au contraire, my house seems to be constantly filled with people these days, I was happy to take a break. When everyone got home, we had tossed salad and chimichangas. Later that night, after the firework show, we had sweet bread with berries, topped with fresh whipped cream. "Happy Birthday to Me!" It was a great day. I'm glad to share my B-day with America and I'm proud to be a citizen of this country, a senior citizen that is.I’m proud to be an American
Where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died,
Who gave that right to me.
--Lee Greenwood

No comments:

Post a Comment