"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Confessions of a Workaholic!

I guess I shouldn't refer to myself as a workaholic. It's not that I'm all about working, but in this economy I figure I better work while I can. So far this month, I have worked every possible day available to me. Sometimes I only work a half-day, which gives me more time at home. I'm all about that!

I'm really getting the feel of the full-time experience and I don't know how women do it day in and day out. You definitely have to be creative and think differently in order to get everything accomplished. The main change around here is everyone is pitching in and helping more. That's a good thing, it's a matter of necessity. The other angle is that I've accepted the fact that certain things just aren't going to get done. I never could get it all done anyway so I'm over that hurdle.

I'm grateful for this employment. I'm learning more and more as I go along. I also see how God is helping me accomplish my many tasks even though I get overwhelmed and discouraged at times. Besides "working", I have my home and family to tend to, caregiving concerns for my parents, and church responsibilities. I also give a few piano lessons every week and fill my time with other things, like volunteering in Sam's classroom, the list goes on!

I've also grown, unfortunately, incredibly forgetful. Is it any wonder? My brain is on overload not to mention my age! I'm feeling supported though, so I carry on.

"Success usually comes to those who are
too busy to be looking for it."

3 comments:

  1. Oh you busy gal. And I thought I was having a week.

    Hey...how did your dinner go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't brand you a workaholic yet. You don't sound like you're "addicted" to it or that you can't get enough of it. Know what I mean? You're okay. But it is a cute title for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't want to tell you, but it was terrible. Even so, everyone had a bit as they filled up on bread. The chicken ended up being overdone, dry, not tender. And the weird thing is, my Janna, who is a very picky eater, loved it. I'm sure it was me. I seem to destroy things in the crockpot so the recipe is not on my keeper list, even though my Tia Juana would like it again. Don't fret, I will still be seeking out your Secret Combinations. I know it is a treasure trove of taste in spite of my feeble cooking abilities. CIAO!!! Or should I say, CHOW!!!

    ReplyDelete