"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Friday, May 15, 2009

My Mother's Day

I got my happy Mother's Day phone call from Elder Blair at our arranged time of 6 a.m. on Sunday. We had 40 minutes of asking questions, sharing, and just plain saying, "It's great to talk to you!"

I also received a Mother's Day gift from Tommy earlier in the week. I was so pleased. It's a shadow box with a white shirt and tie with the pocket stuffed with all the things Elder Blair keeps in his pocket as a missionary.
A piece of Elder Blair

I certainly had other gifts and well wishes on Mother's Day, but Tommy's call and gift were definite highlights for the entire family.

"Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them." Alma 57:21

5 comments:

  1. I love Rick's gift. I didn't quite know what it was when you described it to me on the phone...it's great to have blogs to share thses things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you meant Tommy, but the gift is representative of all my boys who have served, including Hughie. And it's a great affirmation for Sam who is preparing for a mission.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of him to send this. It is like a little tangible piece of Elder Blair, so neat. You have such an amazing family and so much of it is due to what an amazing and righteous mother you are. I listened to this talk recently by Sherri dew and thought of you. I'm going to have to find it soon and post a link to it on my blog, it's that good. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great blessing. We are happy for you.

    ReplyDelete