"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

For Thy Good

Admittedly, most of us would rather learn the hard lessons of life in the secure comfort of a Sunday School class or in the radiant warmth of a fireplace during a family home evening. But, may I point out, it was from the cold, dark corners of Liberty Jail that came some of the most beautiful, comforting scriptures given to man, concluding with the words, “All these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.” Likewise, out of our adversity we might seek our greatest triumphs, and the day may well come that from our challenges we will understand the familiar words "for thy good."




Recently watching my mother suffer in death, it makes me wonder what she was learning. Many times she would cry out, "Why am I going through this?" In the end I don't doubt that she received the answers she was looking for.

I add my witness that some of our greatest strength and understanding come through enduring hard things. Growth comes as we turn to God in times of trial. He always blesses our lives and brings comfort, insight, peace, and joy.

I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
Samuel Medley
from the hymn, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives"

2 comments:

  1. "My New Life" I love the name of this video. It makes me think that we all can make our lives "new" or renewed each day, if we keep an eternal perspective.

    ReplyDelete