"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Monday, December 26, 2011

Another Year - The Same Ol' Same Ol'

"I've been on a constant diet
for the last two decades.
I've lost a total of 789 pounds.
By all accounts,
I should be hanging
from a charm bracelet."
 Erma Bombeck

I share this quote for two reason.  One, it's past that time of the month again - I've gone another 30-days with a dieting goal in mind. Which I didn't achieve, "no dessert". And number two, in spite of my efforts or I should say, lack thereof - I'm not hanging by a charm bracelet.

Instead of waiting until January, I'm taking today to address my last year resolutions and to announce my new ones for 2012. Pretty much same ol' same ol'. 

2011 GOALS:

1. Include Cassie and her boys once a month for Family Home Evening.

We did this until June and it was then that Cassie moved out of my dad's place and got back together with her husband, Ruben.  We had to take over the care of my father which was all consuming for a good four months.  Even though we had interaction, the shared Family Home Evening didn't happen anymore.  Since then Cassie, Ruben, and the boys have moved to Puerto Rico.  It's only been a few weeks since they left.  We miss them and are praying that all goes well.

2.  Doing a daily kind act, plus looking at what God has done for me everyday - recognizing it, and writing it down - DAILY.

I do kind acts and I recognize what God has done for me, but I didn't write it down everyday.

3.  Lose weight! 

I didn't lose weight.  I gained weight.  UGH!  What a life I lead.  I added the 30-day reporting in recent months thinking it would prompt me to be better, but to no avail.  Anyway, I'm feeling motivated, even surrounded by Christmas goodies.  My blood pressure is up so I'm concerned.  I'm already on it.  I won't be reporting every 30-days though.  If I'm making progress, I'll say something.

New Year Resolution for 2012

1.  Lose Weight

People are so worried
about what they eat
between Christmas and the New Year,
but they really should
be worried about
what they eat between
the New Year and Christmas.
Author Unknown


2.  Be kind - Do daily acts of service.

I want to be kind to everyone
For that is right, you see
So I say to myself, Remember this:
"Kindness begins with me!"
Clara W. McMaster 
(Taught and sung in many of Mrs. Blair's classes.)

 
3.  Ask - "What has God done
for me and my family today?"

"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle."
-- Albert Einstein


4.  Write it all down!
 
“When we deal in generalities, we shall never succeed.
 
When we deal in specifics, we shall rarely have a failure.
 
When performance is measured, performance improves.
 
When performance is measured and reported,
the rate of performance accelerates.”

Thomas S Monson

Hoping to blossom in the
NEW YEAR!
2012 HERE I COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment