"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Subbing Plus Life

 
This semester has been different for me.  Different, because I've been on a number of trips - twice to Arizona, and once to Florida.  And, Hugh and I started working at the Los Angeles Temple once a month.  I always hope to sub for teachers about 8 to 10 days a month and surprisingly, in spite of being gone plus the school vacations, I pretty much have.  Jobs seem to be available when I'm available.  I'm feeling really blessed and grateful.

I've had downtime as of late, but still have been extraordinarily busy.  The motion never stops.  I'm use to that - seven kids, a husband, not to mention everything else in life.  But even then, it seems my doings have been more constant  than ever.  I need to slow down.  I'm getting old and yet, I seem to be keeping up.  I'm always in pursuit of simplifying.  That thinking and action seems to help utilize my time better.  In my mind, simplifying means I get even more done, but with less stress.  It's been  a good semester.  I've enjoyed it.  Looking forward to Christmas.
In teaching you cannot see
the fruit of a day's work.
It is invisible and remains so,
maybe for twenty years.

1 comment:

  1. That's so fun you work at the temple now. Ned and I have said we'd love to do that. Just once a month too, that is nice! We could even do that. :)

    ReplyDelete