"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Water and Sleep


I never drink.

I never sleep.

I've been in a bit of a slump the last two months.  I only worked two days for the school district. One at the beginning of March and one at the end of April with nothing in between.  I have finally fully recovered from my fall last February, but now the other knee hurts.  I keep thinking it will get better, being lighter would help.  I have had lots of headaches this spring dealing with my allergies, but that too seems better now. What once had me down seems to have moved on.  The light is a little brighter; therefore, I'm a little more optimistic.

My food and exercise are an issue.  I set two new challenges for the month of May at loseit.com.  The goals don't have anything to do with my diet or exercise, but I'm hoping they help.  It is to drink more water and get more sleep.  I've decided to start there.  Maybe my motivation will perk with these improvements because right now I can certainly say, "I really want to eat and I don't want to exercise."  Here's to watching me win the battle or should I say, "lose the battle."  What a situation I'm in.

April 2nd - 240 lbs.
May 1st - 242 lbs.
Total weight gained 2 lbs.
Total loss since January 1st - 8.8 lbs.


“Be not afraid of growing slowly,
be afraid only of standing still.”
~Chinese Proverb

1 comment:

  1. 8.8 since January good job. It has been some up and down the last few monts for me too, but since Januray I have lost 9 lbs. It helps to look at the big picture some times. I have lost 74 lbs since Sept. 2011 (about 18 months) Slow and steady! Water and sleep are great goals! Sleep is a difficult thing for myself, but I am still working on it! Two of my first goals were; 1 to never be hungry, (Smile) it really helped knowing I would eat when I was hungry. 2 was to never overeat, to over fill myself, Knowing that if I was hungry later I could eat again. I am still using the LDS Family Services Addiction Recovery Program https://arp.lds.org/addiction-recovery-program-guide?lang=eng
    Though I am happy I have lost weight, I am even happier that I have changed my heart and habits.

    ReplyDelete