"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mormonville - Day 1

WE ARE OUTTA HERE!

Lisa, happy to make an early exit Thursday, September 6th.
On our way to St. George, Utah.
First stop - Chuckarama!  We're all about the food.

Our first tour of the day was at Brigham Young's Winter Home.

Lisa at the front entrance.


On the green - in the shade.


The St. George Tabernacle


Lisa and Me
In front of the Jacob Hamblin House
Jacob was a friend to the Indians.


Last, but not least, The St. George Temple
The first operating temple in Utah - BEAUTIFUL!


Cotton was growing in and around many of the places we toured.
St. George is considered Utah's Dixie - growing cotton
just like they did back in Dixie.

I know the Church is true and being able to tour these sights are inspiring and confirm my testimony of the gospel of Christ.  It was a busy and great day and I'm glad I could share it all with my friend, Lisa.
"I am grateful that early in my life I was blessed with a simple faith that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, that he saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, in a vision. Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon by the gift and power of God. That testimony has been confirmed to me over and over again."
—Dieter F. Uchtdorf,

No comments:

Post a Comment