"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Friday, April 26, 2013

Mormonville - Day 7

This trip was not only fun, but educational.  As Lisa and I would drive, talk, visit with people, and sight-see; we would write down questions we had.  After we got home we'd search for answers, looking things up on the Internet and then discuss it some more. Our understanding increased, our friendship increased.  I am so grateful for Lisa.  What a wonderful thing it is to have such a wonderful friend.

Our last day, September 12th -
Homeward Bound


One for the road -
A "Cracker Barrel" breakfast in St. George


Scary sights in Vegas

We just kept driving, and driving, and driving until

FINALLY . . .
"Honey, I'm HOME!"


Mark and Lisa


Martha and Hugh

Other than my husband, who is really my best of friends; I have never really done anything like this before - a road trip with a friend.  When my mother was older she would go on trips sometimes with her friend, Janeen, (our host in Bountiful).  We talked with Janeen about her and my mom, trips, and compared them to Lisa and I.  Janeen said, "Going on a trip with a friend is great, if you really like your friend."  Well, Lisa and I had a great time.  I'm sure we'll get to do something like this again someday.  In the meantime . . .

"There's no place
like home."
L. Frank Baum - The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

No comments:

Post a Comment