"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Chewed Up and Spit Out

 
Years ago I saw someone wearing a t-shirt that read:
You know how you have one of those days,
Well, I have one of those lives.
I've been riding high with my niece in town, but she's left and we're back to the daily grind of rotating in and out of my dad's house again.  Between my father and my late mother I've been dealing with their care for a long time.  So long, that I can't remember when I haven't been dealing with it.

The day Kate left I was at Poppy's for the night.  I didn't get much sleep.  He was awake and I was so worried about him getting out of bed.  We don't have carpet on the floor right now and that won't change for another month while we're renovating the place.  I certainly don't want him falling on carpet let alone a hard floor.  So I was fretful all night as I tried to sleep in a chair next to his bed.  Tom and Sam went over tonight.  I had to sleep.  I have some haggard moments, but in spite of being tired we're all patiently hanging in there.

I've been going to the temple weekly again. Kate even came with me the weeks she was here.  I know that taking the time to go to the temple has helped deal with my hectic schedule.  I'm so grateful for the peace the temple brings.
"The world can be a challenging and difficult place in which to live. We are often surrounded by that which would drag us down. As you and I go to the holy houses of God, as we remember the covenants we make within, we will be more able to bear every trial and to overcome each temptation. In this sacred sanctuary we will find peace; we will be renewed and fortified."  President Thomas S. Monson, "The Holy Temple - A Beacon to the World", Ensign, May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment