"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Monday, July 18, 2011

The Young Adults

 
What am I going to do with these two?  I felt the same way about my other kids once they finished high school. They are adults wanting to make their own way in the world and yet they live in my house.  I pretty much let them do their own thing as long as their own thing is moving forward.

Janna is in hunt for a new job this summer and plans on school again next semester at AVC.  She's registered, but she didn't get exactly everything she wanted. It is because of budget cuts she lost her job at the college art gallery.  It is because of budget cuts they are offering fewer classes.  I'm hoping everything pulls together for her.

Tom has been working full-time since school ended this semester.  He has decided to go ahead and sign up for a carpenter's apprenticeship.  He's been wanting to do it for a long time, but their just wasn't the work out there to support him.  Hopefully he'll continue to get the work he needs to make it all happen to become a journeyman carpenter.

Yesterday they made some changes in the Amargosa YSA (Young Single Adult) Ward.  The three stakes had their own wards and now they have combined them all making one.  They also got a new bishopric and the ward will be within our stake.  Sounds exciting!

"For tomorrow belongs to the people
who prepare for it today."
African proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment