"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Friday, July 8, 2011

“Love One Another, As I Have Loved You”

"If ye love me,
keep my commandments."
John 14:15
At the Last Supper the Sacrament is instituted by Jesus.  We partake of the emblems of his body and blood to renew our covenant of baptism.  As we participate in this weekly ordinance, we REMEMBER HIM.  I believe this remembering helps us keep our perspective humble, teachable, ready to serve, and always striving to be more diligent in keeping the commandments.  We look to God and live.  We take the Holy Spirit for our guide. I am grateful for this special time of reverence.
There was a strife among the Apostles about who would be the greatest in the kingdom of God.  Jesus' act of service, washing the Apostles feet, showed that a great leader serves.  When we serve others, we lead people to Christ.  He is the true vine.  We gain strength through Him to serve.  We bear fruit that is purified by Him and we continue to bear more fruit.  Our fruit glorifies God.
"I am the way, the truth,
and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father,
but by me."
John 14:6

No comments:

Post a Comment