"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Friday, July 29, 2011

I Had Pie

It was chocolate in spite of the picture.

Life is uncertain.
Eat dessert first.
Erestine Ulmer

Really I didn't eat dessert first, but I did late tonight.  Dessert is not on the program.  But my friend, Lisa, came to visit while I was watching my dad and brought me pie.  She didn't twist my arm, but instead, I chose to indulge in her generosity. My weight has stayed the same for he last three days.  I don't know what a piece of pie will do to it.

Kate left this morning so my family and I are back trading in and out watching Poppy.  We're not only watching Poppy, but we've been fixing up the house this summer. There are a lot of opinions on how and what to do to get things in order, but we're moving forward. Wish I had some pictures, but I don't. That will come later.

My brother, Mark, and his family have been here off and on to help.  Hopefully next month things will be good enough for our caregiver, Teresa, to move in with her family.  This is the next step in the care of my father.

2 comments:

  1. Life is uncertain...eat dessert first.

    Sounds a lot like "eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die."

    Regardless of how you phrase it it's all false doctrine.

    Still waiting for someone to make the right choice.

    ReplyDelete