"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Counting Blessings - Day 10

I am thankful for rain.  I live in the desert so when it rains I rejoice.  I guess we have more rain in our desert than in Arizona. My son, Bill, said when he first moved there he noticed his students would hover at the window to see the rain come down because it was such a rarity.  He'd shake his head and say, "It's just rain!"  But after living there for a period of time he gets it - because it rains so little. Kids hover at the window here when it snows.  We get it maybe every four years and I imagine in states where it rains a lot they bask in their moments with the sun. We have clear skies often. I wonder if there are places in the world where there is never a clear sky? I wake up every morning looking for a cloud hoping for a little rain. I guess it is somewhat natural to want what you don't have.  I speculate, whatever, I'm all about rain. I've always gloried in it as a child and still as an adult - I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment