"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Counting Blessings - Day 24

We all promised.
REMEMBER

I am thankful for the Sabbath day.  I found a talk I wrote years ago - as in, before I ever had a computer.  I pulled some quotes from the talk to post here.  I believe in the Sabbath.  I believe in keeping it a holy day.  I know we are blessed in many, many ways by following this commandment.

"Ever since Adam's day the divine law of the Sabbath has been emphasized repeatedly over the centuries more than any other commandment.  This long emphasis alone is an indication of its importance."

Elder James E. Faust
"The Lord's Day"
Ensign, November 1991


"How we observe the Sabbath indicates our feelings toward our Father in Heaven."

Elder LeGrand R. Curtis
"Happiness Is Homemade"
Ensign, November 1990


"There appear to be three things that the Lord would require of us in keeping His day holy.  The first: to keep ourselves unspotted from the world.  Second is to go to the house of prayer and partake of the sacrament.  The third is to rest from our labors."

Elder L. Tom Perry
"And, Why Call Ye Me, Lord, Lord,
and Do Not the Things Which I Say?"
Ensign, November 1984


"Does the Lord love and bless those who keep the Sabbath day holy!  I testify that he does in eternally meaningful ways.  I further testify that when we eventually see things through the proper perspective of eternal truth, we will be amazed at how much we were blessed in important--though often unperceived--ways through keeping the Sabbath holy; and to our sorrow we may sense how many blessings we kept from ourselves by not consistently keeping the Sabbath day holy."

Elder John H. Groberg
"The Power of Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy"
Ensign, November 1984

No comments:

Post a Comment