"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Counting Blessings - Day 17


Favorite Season:  AUTUMN

“There is something incredibly
nostalgic and significant
about the annual cascade
of autumn leaves.” 


I am thankful for four seasons.  Granted, I live in the desert and things might not seem that seasonal around here especially compared to other parts of the country. In my younger days, I was all about summer with the freedom warmer months bring; like running, biking, swimming, climbing trees, not to mention - no school. Since I'm older now, autumn has become my favorite with the changing and falling leaves, cooler weather, and my favorite holiday - Thanksgiving.  I am grateful to see the years pass watching the seasons come and go.  There is something special about each one with memories tagged to each transition.

We can also look at our lives having seasons.  Ecclesiastes 3:1 reads, "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."  Unfortunately, my life has stepped into winter. There are things still to do even in winter and memories to be had, but I'm certainly not functioning like my earlier years. Looking forward to my spring with hope in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment