"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Monday, November 11, 2013

Counting Blessings - Day 11

"Building a better you
is the first step to
building a better America."
Zig Ziglar


Happy Veteran's Day!

I am thankful for America and standing for freedom. Of course, being Veteran's Day, I want to pay special tribute to all the men and women who have died for our country and currently work in the armed forces.  My husband and I both have fathers who served in the Navy.  My oldest son, Ricky,  is currently serving in the Navy, and my son, Tom, will soon be joining the ranks with the Army in the coming year.  I honor all who serve - God Bless America! We all have our part in making America better. May we do our part in keeping our nation strong - strong for us and strong for the world.

Terrorist attacks can shake
the foundations of our biggest buildings,
but they cannot touch
the foundation of America.
These acts shatter steel,
but they cannot dent
the steel of American resolve.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize Tom was going into the Army. He'll be an asset to the service.

    ReplyDelete