"I hoped they call me on a mission, and they did!"

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Counting Blessings - Day 23


 

I am thankful for fish.  Not everyone likes fish, but I do.  I like fish tacos.  I like a variety of shell fish, but I really shouldn't eat it because I'm allergic.  As a kid, I was definitely all about a tuna fish sandwich or tuna fish casserole; I still am.  If Hugh and I ever go out, I almost always go for salmon - yum!  I like trout too.  I do draw the line on a few fishy things like octopus, clams, and sardines - "Sorry, no thank you!" 

My friend, Cathy, taught me how to cook fish one evening when I had dinner in her home; just fried it in a pan - so easy.  It was delicious, but I haven't been brave enough to try it myself. I don't know what my hang up is, but I've got fish on my mind because the boys left early this morning to go deep sea fishing.  If they come home with something, I just might have to cook it. It seems I always like food better when someone else fixes it, especially fish.

"Give a man a fish
and you feed him for a day;
teach a man to fish
and you feed him
for a lifetime."

No comments:

Post a Comment